Thursday, January 8, 2009

Deansbury

Yesterday i mastered an album for a young man by the name of Dean Eagle who plays a good uke. He reminds me a lot of Colin Meloy if he played the Ukulele, apparently this was another SUF connection although since i have stopped posting on the forum he found me over face book via Dean (another dean) who runs the forum/ rack and ruin records and is an all around cool guy. I like working on other peoples music, trying to take it to the next level and its a nice feeling knowing that people suggest your name as who to go when they need that to happen.

On the 20th (hopefully) my excursion to Sudbury should happen leaving my bank account a little smaller but hopefully my esteem will be bigger recording some music with Matt and playing my first solo show in over a year.The next step is to work out an hours worth of material to play although the Satellite Farts did it and I'm sure i can cop most of the songs from those days and acoustify them as 70% of my CD is songs from that era anyways.

Speaking of my CD Its in its final stages with nothing (besides maybe a vocal) Left to record and just art and tracking left to do, in the next few months i hope it sees physical distribution and then i can send it around to see if any labels are interested in helping me along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment