Wednesday, January 14, 2009

booooooks

Went to Chapters today to pick up the Paul's boutique 33 1/3 I ordered not planning to spend any money and spent almost one hundred dollars. I've been addicted to books lately but everything I got was on the list of things I wanted to read anyways, so i guess it's not a bad thing. I picked up Ray Davies's "X-ray" his unauthorised biography of himself, "Electric don Quixote" another bio about Zappa, "The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test" an autobiography by one of the merry pranksters during the summer of love and "Gonzo" a Hunter S. Thompson Bio. I really like reading biographies about authors i find interesting before i dive into their work, especially authors that write autobiographical works, it seems to bring you deeper into the works. kinda like reading about an old friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment